Public Spaces
Home Galleries Educational Resources
Advanced Search

St. LukeObject number: 1988-101-4
Gallery: Public Spaces
Object Name: photograph
Title: St. Luke's Church and Rectory, Saint John, New Brunswick
Date: 1900-1920
Medium: silver print
Dimensions: overall: 20.8 x 25.6 cm
Credit Line: Gift of John Stears
Notes: St. Luke’s Anglican Church on Main St. North was built in 1838 at a cost upwards of £2400: £500 was contributed by Hon. Charles Simonds as was the ground it was built on, valued at £400. A fire in May 1875 destroyed the original structure.

City Map | Credits | Copyright | Contact Us | Links | Site Map | Museum | Français
© New Brunswick Museum / Musée du Nouveau-Brunswick 2007