Home Galleries Educational Resources
Advanced Search

Benlomond House, East Saint John, New BrunswickObject number: 1995.9.61
Gallery: Neighbourhoods
Object Name: negative
Title: Benlomond House, East Saint John, New Brunswick
Artist: Jeanette Ford
Date: c. 1900
Medium: glass dryplate negative
Dimensions: overall: 10.2 x 12.7 cm
Credit Line: Gift of Doris Weyman, 1995
Notes: William Cody purchased the Coffee House, at the corner of Market Square and King Street, commenced business on 18 May 1803 and continued for 20 years. He had the contract for the construction of the Soldiers’ Barracks at Lower Cove but suffered a blow on 31 December 1819 when a storm blew down the Market Square building. He moved to Loch Lomond in 1824 where he built the house known as the ‘Ben Lomond House'.

City Map | Credits | Copyright | Contact Us | Links | Site Map | Museum | Français
© New Brunswick Museum / Musée du Nouveau-Brunswick 2007