Industry
Home Galleries Educational Resources
Advanced Search

Everything in Wood and Glass for Buildings, Murray & Gregory Limited, Saint John, New BrunswickObject number: PrintedEphemera-F33-36a
Gallery: Industry
Object Name: list
Title: Everything in Wood and Glass for Buildings, Murray & Gregory Limited, Saint John, New Brunswick
Dimensions: overall: 14 x 7 cm
Credit Line: Printed Ephemera Collection
Notes: Murray & Gregory, Limited were manufacturers and shippers of lumber and lumber products in Saint John, New Brunswick. The company was founded in 1846 or 1847. In 1867, it was named Long, Barnhill & Co. and when Mr. Long died, Mr. W.H. Murray purchased his interest and that of Barnhill. Mr. J. Fraser Gregory had been employed in the business since 1881 and in 1899 was made a partner. W.H. Murray retired in 1904 and died a year later. The same year, the company was organized as a limited liability company, with Mr. J. Fraser Gregory as president and manager. The mill was destroyed by fire in 1903 but was immediately rebuilt. The buildings included a saw mill, wood working factory and a dry kiln.


City Map | Credits | Copyright | Contact Us | Links | Site Map | Museum | Franšais
© New Brunswick Museum / Musée du Nouveau-Brunswick 2007